Friday, March 30, 2012

Raw Food - The Soft Way


The Raw Food Trend slowly introduces itself also on the French Riviera. Nutritionists praise the sheer power and cancer-cell-fighting qualities of food prepared from raw veggies, fruits, seeds, soaked grains and sprouts. I find this type of cuisine really time intense to prepare and often also struggle with appreciating the taste. However once a week I buy my sprouts and make a 'healthy detox' salad, - not only to calm my conscience but because I have actually grown to like it. Sprouts of all sorts of vegetables are known to have the   pure strength and freshness factor of a YOUNG plant, hence delivering the best of vitamins and minerals straight to your system. In Monaco you can find 4 different types of sprout mixes at Bio Solis Supermarket (Place D'Armes), usually delivery arrives Tuesday or Wednesday!
My salad recipe: I mix the sprouts (see below) with diced avocado and fresh cut mango pieces. A drizzle of olive oil and fresh squeezed lime & orange juice over it ... and if I am really going for POWER Food I let a soft boiled egg melt over it, yummmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment